Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show


 Backstage at the VS show Candice Bikinis with Beau Candice Swanepoel hits the beach with her boyfriend. 12 Photos » VS Show: Backstage Go behind-the-scenes with the Victoria's Secret models. Read More »

With five annual Victoria’s Secret fashion shows under her belt, Candice Swanepoel is a pro at prepping to strut the catwalk in next-to-nothing.

From all-liquid diets and grueling daily sweat sessions to near deprivation, it’s easy to see why some models go to great lengths to prepare for their goddess-like figures for the televised lingerie show. But Swanepoel eschews such extreme tactics, opting instead to simply ramp up her regular diet and fitness routine.

“I usually use heavier weights on my ankles or the weights that I’m using,” the South African model, 24, told Celebuzz ahead of Wednesday night’s glitz-and-glam show. “But for me, I work out two days and then I need a rest day. Then I work another two days, then I rest again. So we’re kind of ready all year round — it’s just about fine-tuning it.”

In addition to maintaining a regular fitness routine, the model credits her other healthy habits for helping to get her runway-ready.

“I drink a lot of water,” Swanepoel admits. “And sleep, that’s the most important thing for me, to have a good night’s rest because no matter what you do if you don’t sleep and rest, you’ll look terrible.”



No comments:

Post a Comment